In North Charleston, SC, heat pumps pull double duty cooling your home all summer and keeping your family toasty when needed in the winter. Considering how hard these systems work, heat pump maintenance requirements are minimal. Here’s what they need to perform their best.
Heat Pump Maintenance Recommendations
In normal conditions, heat pumps should be serviced twice per year or any time that you notice unusual noises or a decrease in performance. These guidelines are recommended by equipment manufacturers based on rigorous product tests.
Preventive maintenance protects your warranty. It lowers your energy bills, and it ensures that our repair van stays far away from your driveway. Whether you’re a new customer or a member of our Comfort Club, your service technician will complete the following tasks during each maintenance visit.
- Clean or replace HVAC return filters
- Test the motors and add lubricant if needed
- Check the evaporator coils for dirt and dust
- Measure the refrigerant and operating pressure
- Clean the condenser coils to remove pollen and dirt
- Tighten electrical connections and address corrosion
- Check the capacitors, compressor and reversing valve
- Inspect the condensate drain and clean it if needed
- Test the safety controls and shutoff switches
- Secure access panels to minimize vibrations
- Calibrate the thermostat and controls
- Check the main duct connections
- Monitor the unit’s operating cycle
If you have a hybrid heater, the fuel side of the system will need a comprehensive checkup in the fall to prevent possible safety issues and to increase its efficiency. Working with gas can be dangerous, so tune-ups should only be performed by a qualified technician.
Considering an Annual Maintenance Agreement?
Annual maintenance plans aren’t just about tune-ups. Members also receive priority service, discounted repairs, and free filters. You can learn more about our Comfort Club online or by contacting Acute Heating & Cooling. Our friendly staff will be happy to give you an overview of the program as well as the perks of joining.